52 Week Recipe Challenge – Week 2
I made this recipe back on January 8th, but didn’t get to post until now.
Pina Colada Chicken
- Instant Pot
- 2 lbs chicken thighs cut into 1-inch pieces
- ½ cup coconut cream full fat
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 cup pineapple chunks frozen, fresh, or canned
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ½ cup green onions chopped
- 1 tsp arrowroot starch
- 1 tbsp water
- Combine all of the ingredients, except green onion, in the Instant Pot and stir to combine.
- Close and lock the lid. Select the POULTRY setting and set the cooking time for 15 minutes.
- Once timer goes off, allow to Natural Release1 for 10 minutes, then quick release any remaining pressure manually. Carefully open the lid.
- Transfer the chicken to a serving bowl.
- In a cup, combine the arrowroot starch and water. Mix well.
- Add the mixture to the instant pot, press the SAUTE button and continue to cook, stir occasionally until the sauce begins to thicken.
- Service the chicken with green onion and sauce. 1Natural Release – after the cooking time is over and your Instant Pot switches to Keep Warm, the pressure will begin to drop without doing anything.
For Christmas, I gave my mom an Instant Pot Recipe book which I stole a couple recipes out of to try. This being one of them. I served with brown rice and steamed broccoli. Ed & I both enjoyed it except I felt as though the cinnamon flavor overpowered the meal. I hope the coconut flavor will come on more once I decrease the amount of cinnamon in the recipe. If not, I will have to figure out what I can do or add to make the coconut flavor come out more.